Cambridge Homes Real Estate Development
Cambridge Development provides real estate development services designed to maximize your investment, throughout Southeast Michigan, and beyond.
- Residential developments: single-family homes and condominiums
- Commercial developments: retail/shopping centers and office/industrial developments
- Mixed-use developments: the seamless blending of living spaces and commercial properties
The keys to realizing the full economic value and optimal use of a property are knowledge, planning and experience. Our real estate development specialists have the talent, creative vision and training to help landowners achieve the maximum potential from their property.
Cambridge Development has the flexibility to work with clients in ways that best serve their needs.
- Joint Venture: Partnering with landowners to develop their property
- Consulting Basis: Offering our knowledge, experience and guidance to landowners interested in developing their own properties
- Land Purchase: Direct purchase of real estate suitable for development. Contact our Land Development specialists if you have a property for sale
The development process includes several steps that require varied skills along the way, from the imagination to conceive the project to the technical skills required for the construction phase. At Cambridge Companies, our past successes are proof of our expertise in both residential land development and commercial land development projects.
- A full site assessment
- Analysis of current market conditions and forecasting future needs and trends
- Due diligence to assess risk/profitability probability of investment in potential development
- Extensive research to determine the feasibility of developing the property, taking into account existing topography and consideration of any unique or challenging natural features
- A thorough review of local zoning requirements, possible wetlands designations and any other restrictions for applicability to the project
- Evaluation of nearby competing developments
Once the development plan is finalized, we can also provide:
- A complete set of engineering plans
- Site plan approval process; we bring proven experience in working closely with municipalities to obtain the necessary approvals
- Installation of necessary improvements, including roads, sewers and utilities
Cambridge owner Mark Guidobono started his own development/construction company in 1979. The company’s hallmark has always been exceptional quality combined with unsurpassed customer service. Below are a few of the properties that we have developed in recent years. In addition, we have served as General Contractor for more than 30 different commercial projects. Cambridge is proud to have received the prestigious “Development of the Year Award” presented by the Building Industry Association of Southeastern Michigan for two communities.
Tuscany Reserve • Eight Mile Road, Novi, MI
With the popular appeal of the luxury home market in the Novi/Northville area, the time was right for the European-inspired Tuscany Reserve development. Groundbreaking for Phase I of this exclusive gated new-home community began in 2006. Tuscany Reserve’s timeless beauty, currently in the homebuilding phase, features 58 estate-size homesites and common areas, including a professionally landscaped central park and an active sports park.
Bellagio • Beck Road, Novi, MI
BIA “Development of the Year” 2005
Named for a small hillside town in Italy, Bellagio is Oakland County’s premier gated community featuring grand one-of-a-kind homes that originally sold in the $2 million price range. Each home was designed and built with unparalleled style and architectural splendor. We conceptualized an exclusive home community, similar in ambiance and enduring value to the historic Grosse Pointe, Michigan, mansions built in the early 1900s. The Bellagio community includes 55 estate-size homesites on 73 acres and includes a picturesque four-acre central park graced with colorful gardens, walking paths and a classical limestone gazebo.
Woods of Edenderry • Six Mile Road, Northville, MI
BIA “Development of the Year” 1999
The Woods of Edenderry luxury home community is comprised of 101 spacious homesites on 77 acres with 16 acres of protected woodlands and wetlands. The gently rolling terrain was carefully developed to include scenic walkout-level and private cul-de-sac sites. In addition, the project was designed to complement the Northville area’s Victorian charm and includes winding sidewalks and old-fashioned street lamps. This was one of the first communities in the area of this scale that featured high-end homes in the million-dollar price range, and due to its high demand and success, several other communities followed.
Would you like to talk about a development project?
For development information, please fill out the form below, or call 248‑348‑3800.